If you live in Wilmington, Delaware, and suffer from allergies, this time of the year can mean nothing but misery. Don’t let allergy symptoms keep you from enjoying life. Try the following tips to help get you through the spring allergy season.
You have a lot of options when it comes to allergy medication. Antihistamines are effective for stopping stuffy or runny noses, sneezing, and itchy eyes. However, they can make you sleepy. Decongestants can treat the symptoms as well. Just be sure to follow all directions and check with your physician if you have other health problems or take other medication.
Nasal sprays and eye drops help many people deal with allergy symptoms. But if you’re really fed up with seasonal or year-round allergies, consider visiting your doctor for a series of allergy shots. It can take up to six months or even longer for these to work, but the results last for years.
Protect Yourself From Allergens
One of the best ways to get through the allergy season is to keep the allergens that trigger your symptoms out of your home. Here are some precautions you can take:
- Don’t line dry your clothes.
- Wash your hair and change clothes after being outdoors.
- Leave your shoes at the door when you come inside.
- Wear sunglasses to help keep pollen out of your eyes.
- Keep doors and windows closed.
- Change the air filter as needed so it can continue to remove pollen and other contaminants from the air.
- Stay inside whenever possible during peak season.
- Try wearing allergy mask when doing yard work.
Invest in a HEPA-quality air filter and for peak performance, and make sure to change it as instructed. An air purifier can also help to remove those pesky irritants.
Your Indoor Air Quality Pros
If you would like more information about how your HVAC system can help improve your indoor air quality so you combat allergy symptoms, give William G Day Company a call at 302-219-5591. We have the right solutions and an expert team that is ready and willing to help!
Image provided by Bigstock